Macfarlane Packaging, our parent company, has recently invested £200,000 to enhance the capability of its Innovation Lab. The market-leading facility is able to help our customers create outstanding packaging solutions. The designs created reduce their total cost of packaging, as well as minimise their environmental impact.
Adding to sample making facilities, automation machinery, CAD tables and augmented reality HoloLens technology, the Innovation Lab now includes even more tech. The new equipment will allow customers to see exactly how their packaging will look and how it will perform on its journey through their supply chain and includes:
- An LED UV digital flatbed printer – this will create fully formed printed samples on a variety of materials. So our customers the option to test and decide on new designs on the day they visit the Innovation Lab
- Material testing equipment – packaging prototypes can now be subjected to compression and crush tests on site, ensuring new designs will meet industry standards
This adds even more state-of-the-art tech to existing facilities, such as:
- On site design & artworking
- Sample making
- CAD tables
- Interactive touch screens
- Augmented reality HoloLens technology
- Packaging automation machinery
Located in Milton Keynes, the Innovation Lab was launched in 2016 and brings together design expertise with cutting-edge equipment under one roof. The facility has recently been adjusted to comply with social distancing requirements, meaning customers can visit the site safely. Click here to learn more about the Innovation Lab.
If you have a packaging challenge, email us or call 01902 496 666 to arrange a visit to the Innovation Lab.